Wednesday 26 September 2012

Peppercorn Pork Chops and Boiled Herb Infused Rice





Felt kind of bad not blogging about actual food , even just for a day, so for today i made some peppercorn sauce fried pork chops on a bed of boiled herb infused rice. Its a really simple dish and really filling at the same time. You first take the pork chops and bombard them with herbs, pretty much anything you like, i added mixed herbs , ground ginger, salt and black pepper. You then heat up some olive oil in a frying pan till its actually sizzling cause you want to get a nice sear on your pork chops(and they go dry really fast so you only really want to sear both sides for 2-3 minutes per side). You then add some quartered mushrooms to the pan ( i chose the chestnut variety cause thats what i had available in my fridge). I then added some white whine to the pan  and after that i added some whole peppercorns and finished it all off with some heavy double cream. I never really like using exact measurements for my cooking, i always let my taste buds do the work for me so thats why you have to constantly taste your food. As for the rice i boiled some water and added some salt, a vegetable stock cube, some fresh basil, dried mix herbs and some fresh chives, left my rice simmer for 10 minutes and it was done. Here are the pics ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment